Monday, July 13, 2009

Kamal Kakri Kabab

I always run out of veggie snack options during summer time. While buying my weekly vegetable this week I picked some Kamal Kakri. It was a likeable food option at my parents home but my husband simply refuses to eat it. :-(
However, an old colleague of mine used to get the Kamal Kakri kabab for her packed lunch and I decided to try it this time. The kebabs turned out to be really delicious and hubby dear savoured it.

Here is my very own recipe for making the kababs

Kamal Kakri Kabab

Ingredients
Kamal Kakri/Lotus Stem/Lotus Root - 250gms
Chana Dal -1/2 cup
Ginger (crushed or finely chopped)-50g
Garlic (crushed) - 8 cloves
Green Chilly(Slit) - 4
Whole Black Pepper - 6
Cloves - 6
Water - 1/4 cup
Salt- 1tsp or as per taste
Oil- 6 tbsps or as necessary

Method
Cut and Clean the Kamal Kakri using warm water
Soak the dal for about half an hour
Mix the kamal kakri, dal and all other ingredients
Boil in a pressure cooker till done
Remove from heat and mash well
Make round balls/chops
Heat & Grease the Tawa/pan adding some oil to it
Add the balls to the tawa gently flattening it as you do so
Let it cook on either side till golden brown
Remove from heat and garnish with fresh coriander and onion rings
Serve hot with Green chutney/sauce

No comments: