Friday, August 14, 2009

Namakpaare/Nimki



I made this using whole wheat flour. It is a traditional snack item by my mom. As a kid this was one of the most common and readily available item on the shelf. A delicious crispy, crunchy munch. An all time favourite of mine which I made over the weekend so to pass the taste of aata nimki to my little one.






Ingredients
Whole wheat flour/ Aata- 3 cups
Refined Oil- 1 cup
Salt - 3tsp
Ajwain/carom seeds- 1tsp
Kalonji/Nigella seeds- 1 tsp
Water for kneading - 1/2cup
Oil for Frying

Method
Mix the flour and oil together.
Add salt, nigella and carom seeds
Add water and knead to a tight dough
Make balls of the dough and roll into a thick circle
Cut this into thin strips 1"x4" in size

Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan
Add the cut strips and fry till golden in color
Store in airtight container

In our homes this is a common snack item to serve with morning/evening tea.

P.S. I need help from someone who can guide me on how to post pictures of my recipes in the blog. :-(

2 comments:

Kunjal said...

posting photgraphs is quite easy you just ahve to click a button on the left side that comes when you are posting.Just click it and you will get the options for photo layouts.
and yes I forgot to mention that you present the ricepies in such simple way that I am always tempted to give it a try:)

Sonia said...

Come back soon.........to the blog world I mean. I have been looking for some updates in your blog.