Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Paneer Tikka




The foodie that I am and the love for non veg food never made me realise how tempting can vegan food get at times. Long time back it just happend once that I was on a strict vegetarian diet regime and was to attend a dinner. Not knowing what exactly would be best to eat I thought of trying most things brought to the table.
The Paneer Tikka they served was out of the world...and here I was next day in the office, googling paneer tikka recipes and not working. I landed upon this recipe and took a print. It lay there in my recipe file since then waiting to be made..until I upon the event here.



However the recipe has changed as I am bad at following instructions to the point. Here is the paneer tikka recipe I made tonight. I made it in the OTG I use for all barbeque items.

Ingredients

Paneer -250 gms
Capsicum - 1
Onion - 1
Red chilly Powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
Curd -1/2 cup
Fresh cream - 1/4 cup
Ginger paste - 2 tsp
CuminPowder - 1 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Lemon Juice
Salt to taste



Cut and cube the paneer and set aside
Cut the Capsicum and onions into cubed pieces
For the marinade: mix the curd, cream, coriander cumin chilly , turmeric powder, salt and ginger paste.
Dice in the paneer, capsicum and onions
Add the lemon juice
Leave to marinade for 3-4hours

To make the tikkas:
Preheat the oven
Add the paneer, onion and capsicum on skewers
Roast at 150 degrees
Remove from the skewers
Sprinkle some chat masala/tandoori masala
Serve hot with coriander chutney

One big change I did in the recipe is that it called for potatoes and well as bread slices, I chucked those. I didnt do it in the girddle as the recipe asks to but did it on the skewers like I do the chicken tikka or boti kebabs. The result was delicious melt in the mouth paneer tikkas.
The following is the book marked page: